Monday 2nd December 2019
THE CALVIÀ LIBRARIES JOIN THE REACCIÓ CONTRA LES VIOLÈNCIES MASCLISTES COVENANT PROMOTED BY THE BALEARIC GOVERNMENT AND THE INSTITUT BALEAR DE LA DONA WITH BIBLIOIGUALTAT
It is a permanent space in the Cas Català-Illetes-Bendinat library whose bibliographic collection includes selected documents on feminist and equality issues
The Calvià Libraries join institutionally and publicly to the Reacció-Contra les violències masclistes pact - promoted by the Regional Government and the Institut Balear de la Dona with the following commitments:
1. Creation of a permanent #BIBLIOIGUALTAT space in the Català-Illetes-Bendinat library in feminist and equality matters.
2. Creation of a #BiblioIgualtat logo.
3. Give more visibility to women writers.
4. Incorporate to the catalogue of each library the works written by women in all fields of knowledge and culture.
5. Schedule storytelling and reading clubs from a gender perspective.
6. Participate in Women Writers Day (15th October) and the International Women and Girls in Science Day (11th February).
7. Collaborate with the Secondary Education Schools on Women's Day (8th March) and on International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25th November) with selected exhibitions and bibliography.
8. Use an inclusive and non-sexist language also with images.
9. Formalise the accession of the library with the councillors approval and disseminate amongst workers and users.
Calvià Libraries intend to value the cultural heritage of women, and compensate, as far as possible, the invisibility of women in literature. For this reason, the feminist theory and its history is made known through the presence of related works on the shelves of the library, thus reaching the parity of male and female writers.
BiblioIgualtat is designed as a permanent space in the library of Cas Català-Illetes-Bendinat in which the bibliographic collection is comprised of selected documents on feminist and equality issues. The project has the support and collaboration of the Equality Section of Calvià Town Hall.
With this project, the Calvià Libraries also aspire to obtain the seal of the Library Cooperation Council that is awarded annually in order to highlight the value of the most outstanding library projects during the year.